× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Increase disk capacity on ReadyNa Duo

forestpct
Guide

Increase disk capacity on ReadyNa Duo

Hi. I have a ReadyNas Duo at Radiator 1.4.8 with 2x750GB disks configured as X-RAID. Can anyone confirm what the largest disk size I can upgrade to is and if I upgrade simply by replacing one existing disk at a time with the increased size new one?

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
TeknoJnky
Hero

Re: Increase disk capacity on ReadyNa Duo

you mean 4.1.8 ?

the largest disk size the sparc devices (duo/nv+/older) will support is 2tb

yes, replace each disk one at a time (wait for resync/redundant), after the last disk syncs, the system should expand automatically (the you can watch the size on the frontview > volumes page).

Sometimes a reboot or 2 may be necessary, after the last resync.

also, it should be noted that if you use 4k sector drives (aka advanced format), you probably should perform a backup, factory reset, then restore data, for optimal performance.
Message 2 of 4
NKelton
Aspirant

Is this truly a fact with the Duo? I would of thought the array would stay at the previous size. I have 2 1TB drives mirrored and wish to put in 2 2TB drives. Am I reading this correct that if I replace one drive at a time, wait for resyncing to happen, one at a time, after both are replaced I will have a 2TB mirrored array?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
TeknoJnky
Hero

uh yes, see the post directly above yours.

also, check the FAQ linked at top of forums.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements