× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Input/Output Errors on Backup to USB

BrianThornSmith
Follower

Input/Output Errors on Backup to USB

Good afternoon. I can use assistance with my ReadyNAS NV+ V2 (RAIDiator 5.3.8). I am attempting to use the built in backup function to back up one of my Shares to an external Seagate 4tb USB HDD formatted using NTFS and connect via USB 3.0 but receive input/output errors on much of the content. The backup job completes about a 1tb worth of content before the error occurs on what seems to be the remainder of the files. I have deleted and recreated the backup job. I have reformatted the USB drive. I have tried a different USB drive. I have full access to all the files in the share on the NAS. If I attempt to browse the backup USB device, I receive error message "\\NAS\USB_HDD_11\... is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." when attempting to access content that error-ed in the backup. An excerpt from the error log is as follows.

Error encountered copying data from source path ==> /USB_HDD_11/ due to unknown reason. Please see log.

cp: writing '/USB_HDD_11/./Movies/***.mp4': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/USB_HDD_11/./Documentary/***.mp4': Input/output error
etc. for a few thousand more pieces of content.

Please let me know what further information would be helpful in troubleshooting my issue. Thank you for any assistance that can be provided.

-Brian
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements