× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it possible to backup only changes between backups from RN314 to USB HDD?

Leela
Aspirant

Is it possible to backup only changes between backups from RN314 to USB HDD?

Firmware is 6.7.5

I created Backup jobs using the Readynas Gui. I've completed one full back up from my RN31400 to an external USB HDD. Now I've tried to backup my ReadyNAS again but it's reporting that my USB HDD is full. It's just copying everything over to the USB HDD instead of the incremental changes.

Is there a way to just write the changes to the USB HDD instead of doing a complete backup everytime?

Also - is it possible to avoid backing up snapshots to the USB HDD?

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 4
crazy_toy
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Is it possible to backup only changes between backups from RN314 to USB HDD?

Hi Leela

which protocol you use to back up file?

if you create backup job from local to remote ,it wont back up snapshot to destination

Thanks!

Message 2 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Is it possible to backup only changes between backups from RN314 to USB HDD?

You can use rsync to back up only changes.  To use rsync to a local drive, set it up like it was remote but use the standard localhost IP address 127.0.0.1.

Message 3 of 4
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I tried a backup job on the ReadyNas OS6 live demo (as I have an older nas) and it seems that the default is to do a full backup on the first execution of the job only. Have you checked the settings of your backup job, click the cog on the right side, choose settings/options, and check 'schedule full backup' is set to first time only.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements