× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is this performance acceptable?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Is this performance acceptable?

Hi

I have a readynas Duo V2 connected to my ISP router which has 4 X 1Gb ethernet connection. My readynas is connected to one of these ports. 

I have noticed the performance is really poor, I tend to use it as a backup target as it has the XRAID2 technology so have better protection for my files. A lot of files I tend to keep are old photos in JPG format. What I find is when I try to open a folder with images it takes an abolsute age to view the thumbnails.  I am using the latest firmware for this device which is RAIDATOR 5.3.11.

I used a freeware nas tester and these are the speeds I am getting. 

26-11-2016 10-59-16.png

I am using a laptop with a wifi connection which uses the 5GHz network so can expect speeds around 300mbs. My question is this performance acceptable? Is there anything I can do too boost the performance?

I am using 2X  2TB western digital red drives WDC WD20EFRX.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Model: RND2000v2|READYNAS DUO v2|EOL
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Is this performance acceptable?

You are perhaps confusing the WiFi link speed from the actual throughput you get.  I get similar speeds from my laptop over 5 Ghz wifi - using a much faster NAS (the 526X) and the R8500 router.

Retest over wired ethernet.  You should see about 50 MB/s write speeds and about 85 MB/sec.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Stephen

Ok so that performance is expected? I will try with a wired connection and see if what types of results I get.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Let us know your results.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation