× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with hardrives & nas duo

zekerryman
Aspirant

Issue with hardrives & nas duo

hi all,

i have a strange problem which i am hoping someone can help with. i have a ready nas duo that is not working.

what i have found is that
if i boot up the nas without any hard drives when i scan using raidar i can see the device. it tells me there are not disks detected (which is fine) and there is a solid blue light.
if i boot up the device with a hard drive in it when i scan using raidar it can not find any device
i have also tried booting up the device without a hard drive, device is detected, then while it is running instering a hard drive and rescanning - the device disappears.

i have tried this with two different hard drives which should be ok and worked in this before

anyone have any ideas as to what the issue is and if possible any solution. it has been wrecking my head for the last few weeks. any help greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
CaseyH
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Issue with hardrives & nas duo

Zekeerman,

Inserting drives while the unit is on will format the drive and lose the data on it, so I wouldn't recommend doing that. I would suggest trying to do an OS Re-install (see link below on how to do it). If there is no data on either of the disks doing a factory default on the system will clear out any settings that might clear things up but you WILL lose all the data on drives when factory default.

http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how ... _boot_menu
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements