× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with Readynas 102

FF7OSTLover
Aspirant

Issues with Readynas 102

Hi there. I have issues with my Readynas 102. It wont boot, and the fans start spinning really loud after 15-20min. Have tried /fwbroker with no succsess. I know i had my anti virus enabled, but i cant access the admin page, so i cant disable it. Anyone got a tips?

Not really sure what OS i'm using, but i think it's ReadyNAS OS 6.9.2

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Issues with Readynas 102

Hi FF7OSTLover,

You may try removing the drives and then check if RAIDar will still not be able to detect it. (Note: Please label the drives with its corresponding bay so it will still be in the same order when you re-insert them.)

If RAIDar detects the NAS without the disks, you may want to check the health of the disks using the manufacturer's disk diagnostic tools (SeaTools for SeaGate disks, WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Western Digital disks). 

It will also be best to contact support so they can further assist you on this.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FF7OSTLover,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have RAIDar installed on a computer? If yes, does RAIDar able to detect the NAS?

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
FF7OSTLover
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply 🙂 RAIDar detects the NAS when it boots, but when the NAS is fully booted it stops detecting it. Same goes for the admin page. Have also tried to Reinstall the OS via the Boot Menu on the NAS itself with same results.

Message 3 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FF7OSTLover,

You may try removing the drives and then check if RAIDar will still not be able to detect it. (Note: Please label the drives with its corresponding bay so it will still be in the same order when you re-insert them.)

If RAIDar detects the NAS without the disks, you may want to check the health of the disks using the manufacturer's disk diagnostic tools (SeaTools for SeaGate disks, WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics for Western Digital disks). 

It will also be best to contact support so they can further assist you on this.

Regards,

JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
FF7OSTLover
Aspirant

Hi again 🙂 I thought i tried to boot the NAS without any disks installed.... Guess i didnt 😛 Anyway... It boots fine now 🙂 Thanks for the help 🙂 Now to find the dead disk 😛

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements