× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lion, 4.1.8 (NV+), and ReadyNas Remote

bobsmith58d
Aspirant

Lion, 4.1.8 (NV+), and ReadyNas Remote

After buying a new Macbook Air (w/ Lion), I was having the usual issues connecting to my ReadyNas (the beta firmware helped a ton). Particularly, I couldn't connect with ReadyNas Remote, which is a problem, given I'm away from home for the next 6 months. I was able to remotely update the firmware to 4.1.8 the other day, and I was optimistic the ReadyNas Remote problem would be fixed, especially with the following verbiage from the readynas.com website (see bullet 6):

New features and enhancements
1. Added support for Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion”.
2. Added warning when NFS access to home shares is enabled.
3. Added a redirect for http://<host>/ip to https.
4. Added enhancements to advanced AFP permission settings.
5. Provide download links for exported users and groups instead of asking for email.
6. Updated ReadyNAS Remote to the latest revision.

However, I still could not connect with ReadyNas Remote, and after revisiting the webpage dedicated to that software, I didn't see a new version to download. I decided to attempt to delete/reinstall my version of ReadyNas Remote (which, according to the page is for Leopard/SL), but got the following warning:

"The Installation Failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Right now, I can boot in Windows 7 (on my MBA) and access ReadyNas Remote just fine, but it's a PITA to reboot just to access a couple of files.

After perusing the forum, I haven't seen anyone else with this issue, post-4.1.8 (although I did find posts prior to 4.1.8). Any thoughts? I thought the software was supposed to work with Lion now.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Message 1 of 2
oakley
Aspirant

Re: Lion, 4.1.8 (NV+), and ReadyNas Remote

This issue goes back to last year when the 64bit processors were introduced. Netgear's response is to boot up in 32bit mode which is a crock and just shows that they don't care to support apple products.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements