× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Migrating ReadyNAS Duo to RN102

Mothman1
Tutor

Migrating ReadyNAS Duo to RN102

Having bought a RN104, I have now have a spare RN102 (with no drives,as they are now in the RN104).

I also have a Duo on OS4.1 (with 2 x 2TB drives). Other than pulling one drive from the Duo and formatting it in the RN102, then backing up from the Duo to the RN102, is there an easier way?

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Migrating ReadyNAS Duo to RN102

@Mothman1 wrote:

Having bought a RN104, I have now have a spare RN102 (with no drives,as they are now in the RN104).

I also have a Duo on OS4.1 (with 2 x 2TB drives). Other than pulling one drive from the Duo and formatting it in the RN102, then backing up from the Duo to the RN102, is there an easier way?

Or of course get new disks for the RN102.

The only other way is to copy the duo's data to another device (usb or the RN104), and then move over both disks.

Message 2 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Motman1,

Best way is if you can still access the data is have a full backup of the data. You cannot use the disks you have in Duo with OS6 units if the disks are not in the HCL.

Please see ReadyNAS: Migrating disks from RAIDiator 4.1 or RAIDiator 5.3 to ReadyNAS OS 6 article.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Motman1,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements