× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New 3TB disks only allowing 500GB volumes.

jayrullislam
Aspirant

New 3TB disks only allowing 500GB volumes.

I have two NV+ V2's one is perfectly working with 4x3tb wd red drives however these are the first disks to be installed in it. The other unit has previously had disks installed in it and I have now decided to upgrade that to 2x3tb wd reds. I didn't delete the volumes before replacing the disks. Now that I have replaced the drives I only see 500GB instead on 3 TB. When I map the shares on these disks they show up as 500GB and they show as this on the front view gui however if I click info then I can see the disks are definately 3TB.

Any idea why this is happening? Do I need to completely reset the enclosure and all four disks?
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: New 3TB disks only allowing 500GB volumes.

Are you sure they are both v2 units?

Sounds like the second one might be a v1 (silver chassis, internal PSU, runs 4.1.x).

Can you provide a screenshot of the problem?

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 5
jayrullislam
Aspirant

I purchased both of them together from Amazon.

I have tried with multiple brand new 3tb drives they all show as 500GB.
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Ah that is a v2.

Have you tried backing up your data, doing a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) and restoring your data from backup?
Message 4 of 5
jayrullislam
Aspirant

In the process of doing that right now will report back after the data has been backed up
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements