× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New floundering NV+ v2 owner!

bobbannerman
Follower

New floundering NV+ v2 owner!

Hey guys, this is my first post but a necessary post as I appear to be in a dead spin with what I'm doing here.

My desire = maximised capacity across the four bays. Full of (media) files available to whole network (couple macs, macbooks, ipad and tv).

Q1. JBOD-JBOD-JBOD... I want this because in my mind (i may be wrong) but it will allow me to use all the space available on the drives without mirroring/striping - however am I to understand it doesn't truly do JBOD just RAID-0 each drive?

Q2. As someone who often (4-5 times/year) gets power cuts RAID-0 is not what I want right?

...if I haven't hit too much of a cliff I have a couple of follow on questions...

Q3. I currently have 2x 3tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm drives, when I fill these can I add the same drives again without having to reformat those already installed?

Q4. I just want to copy stuff off of my raft of (HFS+ & NTFS) external drives to the NAS can this be done through the USB port or must it be done over the network?

I humbly apologise for blasting all these questions at you en masse, as much as I'm sure these have been answered time and time again my strafing through the masses of posts here is hurting my eyes and making me grow extra limbs.

many thanks in advance, B.Bannerman
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements