× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New to me NVX and Jumbo Frames in 4.2.22

StevenA
Aspirant

New to me NVX and Jumbo Frames in 4.2.22

Picked up an NVX as my NV+ was getting full and having a couple hicups.

Install seemed to go fine, installed 1 drive and it checked out, put in the second and it added it on, added the third and it did the striping (12 hours worth) and it was all fine.

Then of course i was silly and enabled jumbo frames, rebooted and logged in and it's stuck at the frontview screen, no side menu's or home screen though. Just the yellow and blue frame.

I did an OS re-install and was able to get back in, but as soon as I put jumbo frames back on it got stuck again. Now after all the waiting I was silly and did a factory default, most likely not going to fix the issue but i wanted to waste another 5 hours as it rebuilt the voulume.

Is this a bug in .22?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
TeknoJnky
Hero

Re: New to me NVX and Jumbo Frames in 4.2.22

1) did you try a different browser?
2) you don't have to add the disks 1 by 1, you can simply install all the disks and factory reset for only 1 resync
3) I use chrome and sometimes get like below, all I have to do is hit refresh and it loads fine. Seems to be a chrome issue, haven't noticed the problem with ie.

Message 2 of 6
StevenA
Aspirant

Yes, that was the screen I was getting, tried firefox, chrome, and ie, all came up the same.

I did it one disk at a time given a previous history of not installing correctly with all drives at once.

Still have 2 hours left on the rsync and see if it gives the same problem.

Thanks
Message 3 of 6
StevenA
Aspirant

Well, I'm not sure yet if it's jumbo frames causing a problem, i can access frontview for a couple other computers, including my phone. My computer however still shows that screen, or just blank on any browser I have.

I've cleared everything out, done a reboot, etc, etc, etc and still doing the same thing.
Message 4 of 6
TeknoJnky
Hero

you might try disabling any plugins or add blockers and see if that is culprit
Message 5 of 6
StevenA
Aspirant

Well, it is my computer and jumbo frames, I turned jumbo frames off and I can get to frontview without a problem.

Now on my other computer I could get in with jumbo frames turned on, but the Add-ons section said it was not connected to the internet, "the available add-ons cannot be displayed as there is no internet connectivity"

I searched and found that DNS is the culprit, checked all mine and no issues with those settings. Put both NIC's to DHCP and rebooted, still no connectivity, took jumbo frames off, rebooted again and all is well.

Wife's pretty upset I'm sitting here messing with it.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements