× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No sync after adding second disc

excetra
Aspirant

No sync after adding second disc

Hi,

I've been searching through this forum, but I do not seem to be able to find an answer to my question. Could be that I just overlooked the obvious or didn't enter the right search phrases. Maybe anybody can help me?

I have a ReadyNAS Duo, containing 1 HD (Western Digital WD10EACS, 1TB). Recently I purchased a second HD (Seagate ST2000DL003, 2 TB) to add to the NAS. I accept, for now, that I will only be able to make use of 1 TB of this particular disc. In the near future the 1 TB disc will also be replaced. Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.7 [1.00a043]

Now, after adding (tried both hot-adding and cold-adding) the disc to my NAS, exactly NOTHING happens. The NAS detects the second drive, displays its name and size as 'Available disc', but that's it. No syncing whatsoever, no flashing LEDs, all 'lights' in RAIDar are green. It was my understanding that after adding the second disc, the NAS would automatically start syncing to have redundancy . But for some, to me unknown, reason it doesn't.

Does anybody have a clue if I did something wrong or what can be done to resolve this?

Regards, J.
Message 1 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: No sync after adding second disc

When you open Frontview, what does the home page say about RAID? You can also check the volume listing page.
Message 2 of 3
excetra
Aspirant

Re: No sync after adding second disc

Hi PapaBear,

Thanks for your reply.
The homepage of Frontview lists the following (in dutch):
Volume C: Online, RAID-niveau 0 , Enkele schijf, 8% van 925 GB gebruikt (=Online, RAID-level 0, Single disc, 8% used)

However, the volume listing page shows me:

RAID-configuration
Configuration: RAID-level 0, Single disc

RAID-discs:

Knl 1 : WDC WD10EACS-65D6B0 [931 GB] 929 GB toegewezen

Available discs:
Knl 2 : Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 [1863 GB] 1860 GB free

So the NAS seems to recognize the second disc, but obviously does not act on the change.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements