× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OS 6.5.1 set bogus creation/modification dates

fetopher
Aspirant

OS 6.5.1 set bogus creation/modification dates

Just updated to 6.5.1 this morning and suddenly, all files in all directories have been updated with incorrect/bogus creation and modification dates. Using this in a shared/mult-user setting where we rsync files between local system and the ReadyNAS, we're having huge issues as all files are in conflict. It also seems files are being updated with user/group of root/root when each file should be owned by our own users.

HELP?!?! 

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
fetopher
Aspirant

Re: OS 6.5.1 set bogus creation/modification dates

It looks like the culprit was Amazon Cloud Drive sync. I think the reason 6.5.1 exposed the issue was it introduced "support for bi-directional sync with Amazon Cloud Drive accounts" per the release notes email I received from Netgear. 

So, if you use Amazon Cloud Drive sync, I suggest not upgrading to 6.5.1 until you have it turned off. Any then maybe after you upgrade, don't turn it back on? I'm not sure. I don't need to use it, so I'm going to leave it off.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
fetopher
Aspirant

I just downgraded to 6.5.0 and the setting of incorrect creation/modification dates seems to have stopped, but everything it touched is still wrong. Spot checking directories it looks like almost all files were touched, so this remains a big issue. 

Is no one else having this issues with 6.5.1?

Message 2 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello fetopher,

I guess it is best to contact support center to report this, so that you can show to the expert too what happened after FW update on  remote session.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Are you using Dropbox with those folders?

Message 4 of 6
fetopher
Aspirant

No Dropbox in use.

I started a support ticket. We'll see where that leads.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 5 of 6
fetopher
Aspirant

It looks like the culprit was Amazon Cloud Drive sync. I think the reason 6.5.1 exposed the issue was it introduced "support for bi-directional sync with Amazon Cloud Drive accounts" per the release notes email I received from Netgear. 

So, if you use Amazon Cloud Drive sync, I suggest not upgrading to 6.5.1 until you have it turned off. Any then maybe after you upgrade, don't turn it back on? I'm not sure. I don't need to use it, so I'm going to leave it off.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements