× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One of my computers can not see the readynas NV+ on network

stufff
Aspirant

One of my computers can not see the readynas NV+ on network

This is a weird one for me. One (and only one) of my computers on the network can not see the readynas at all.

192.168.1.99 - is the readynas NV+, hostname is graveyard. It is running the latest firmware.
192.168.1.100 - is the computer that can not see the readynas anymore, hostname is frostwyrm
192.168.1.102 - is one of the computers that can see the readynas, hostname is nerzhul

All devices are connected to the same router, readynas by ethernet connection, the two computers by wifi.

The two computers can see each other, they respond to ping requests sent to the ip address or hostname without issue. Nerzhul can see the readynas, Frostwyrm can not. Readynas responds to ping requests from Nerzhul but not Frostwyrm. Nerzhul can access the web interface but frostwyrm times out. Nerzhul can browse files but frostwyrm times out. When I open up Network on Nerzhul the readynas shows up in the list of connected devices but not on Frostwyrm.

This behavior just started in the past couple days, I don't see any reason for it, there were no changes made to the network or any device. The only difference between Nerzhul and Frostwyrm is that Nerzhul is running Windows 7 and Frostwyrm running Windows 8.

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: One of my computers can not see the readynas NV+ on netw

What version of RAIDiator are you running?
Message 2 of 9
stufff
Aspirant

4.1.14, it's the most current version for my device. But, like I said, no changes to anything recently that would account for this behavior, I've had that version since December or so.
Message 3 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried rebooting your ReadyNAS?
Message 4 of 9
stufff
Aspirant

Yep. I've also tried rebooting the one computer that can't see the readynas, and I tried rebooting the router and then rebooting the problem computer and the readynas.

The problem computer has internet access and can see everything on the network except the readynas. All computers can see eachother and all computers on my network can see the readynas except the problem computer.
Message 5 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Does the problem computer have internet security software installed?

What is the Windows network type? (home, public, work, private)
Message 6 of 9
stufff
Aspirant

No internet security software, no firewall software.

Home network on all computers on the network.
Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

Can you try connecting the problem computer with ethernet, and see if anything changes?
Message 8 of 9
dmacleo
Guide

not sure if still an issue (figured I would post in case someone searching has same issue) but if using domain controller like server 2008r2 or server 2012r2 need to make sure the computer browser service is set to automatically start. its set to either manual or disabled (manual I think) as default.
I've had best luck having the service on the 2 domain controllers (both server 2012r2 here now) running and on clients I have service disabled through group policy.
first ran into similar issue using wdtv live hubs on a domain and this fixed it, tested again when I got the readynas and with clients running the service too every now and then one or two of them won't see the readynas shares.
re-enabled the policy to disable the service on clients, ran gpupdate, immediately corrected.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements