× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Os6 power scheduler

icy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Os6 power scheduler

Hi,
On os4 the power management tools allows to schedule power-onand shutdown. Both with minutes precision. So, when booting up a nas with wol (or power switch), the nas will automatically be shutdowned respecting the schedule.
This allow me to do manual power-on if needed, with automatic shutdown every night ( @12PM ).

Correct-me if i'm wrong, but Os6 doesn't allow me to do that.
The scheduler only handle "power-on" (marked BLUE) stage, but not "shutdown" stage. The "powered off" period are marked GREY(dark & light).
What will be the behaviour if the NAS is manually powered (WOL - switch) during a "grey" period (2 AM for example)? Will it shutdown next grey hour block (3 AM for example) or still run until a "manual" power-off?

A nice welcome-back feature, would be a RED markup on the scheduler to initiate a shutdown if the NAS is powered on, and allows per minutes scheduling.
Message 1 of 4
dishmagic66
Guide

Re: Os6 power scheduler

It starts up at the beginning of a highlighted block and shuts down at the end of the highlighted block. It does not matter when and how you wake up the nas. it always shuts down at the end of the highlighted block. Multiple blocks next to eachother give a longer "on" period.

I would allso would like to see the option to give it a seperate shutdown option. So if there is a day that you do not use the nas, that it stays off and not wake up at the beginning of a highlighted block.

@Netgear: Would be great to add it in 6.2.0
Message 2 of 4
icy
Aspirant
Aspirant

dishmagic66 wrote:

I would allso would like to see the option to give it a seperate shutdown option. So if there is a day that you do not use the nas, that it stays off and not wake up at the beginning of a highlighted block.

it's not what I expect 😉
I want the nas to wake-up on light block, every-time. Seem logical 🙂 And it's not normal for the nas to not-waking up in a blue zone.
I would like an option that allow the nas to shutdown itself, if it was powered on 😉
Message 3 of 4
dishmagic66
Guide

That is what i meant in the second paragraph: have the nas shut it self down at a adiustable time
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements