× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Password Recovery Email blocked by Gmail

gfahmie
Aspirant

Password Recovery Email blocked by Gmail

I am trying to recover my admin password for my ReadyNas RND 4250.  I went thru the pasword recovery process to have the passwod reset and emailed to me.  

The email was filtered as spam as the 'From' header was missing.  Gmail blocked the email and i cannot see the contents to the email and now i am blocked out of my ReadyNas.  

Can anyone help? 

Model: RND4250v1|READYNAS NV+ v1|EOL
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Password Recovery Email blocked by Gmail

An OS reinstall from the boot menu will reset your password to netgear1.  It will also reset your IP configuration to use dhcp.  Other settings (and your data) should not be affected.  This is on pages 23-24 of the hardware manual: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

Be careful not to do a factory reset, as that will destroy your data.

Since the OS reinstall lets anyone reset your NAS admin password anyway, I personally don't see any reason not to write down the password and tape it to the unit (inside the door perhaps).  If someone steals your unit, you have to assume the data is compromised anyway.

Message 2 of 3
gfahmie
Aspirant

Re: Password Recovery Email blocked by Gmail

THANK YOU

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements