× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Permissions issues

systekd
Aspirant

Permissions issues

When adding user and group accounts, I am able to add these without any issues.

When I add a share, the share automatically allows Anonymous access..

When I access the share via Windows 10 Explorer, I am able to access the share.

When I remove Anonymous/Everyone access, and add the specific uses - the share permission credentials box appears, I enter the name and Pass assigned to any user (I tried them all) and I now get access denied.

In some cases the device is not even accessible, all becasue I removed Anonymous/Everyone access.

There is no AD connected to this envionment so I am using Local access.

How do I get the users/groups to access these shares without granting all and anonymous access????

NetGear support is horrible, no help at all. Been transeferred 4 times and still not to who I need to talk to.. Been trying for 2 days to get someomne in suppoprt to assist, and not a single time have I even been able to address this issue.

I need help asap as I am rolling this NAS device out today.

Model: ReadyNAS-1000S|ReadyNAS-1000S
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Permissions issues

You might want to please make sure, that network access AND file access have been configured accordingly for individual and/or group accounts. 

Message 2 of 3
systekd
Aspirant

Re: Permissions issues

This has all been verified... Appears the user mappings are getting hosed..

Net Use /d* deletes these, NetGear support was able to see some of this.. but my worry is that when I install this in the Prod environment that I am stuck doing net use /d* on every machine, then add the windows credentials through manager on every machine.. since there is no AD we are using local users...

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements