× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Photos II Error when starting Service

pendletone55
Aspirant

Photos II Error when starting Service

When trying to start the ReadyNas Photos II service in Insalled Add-ons I am receiving this error message as a popup "Hostname contains invalid chars."
I click on OK and the box goes away, but the service does not start, therefore, I am unable to go into Manage ReadyNas Photos II to try to change the Hostname (assuming that is what it is referring to?)

I have removed and re-installed the application to no avail. I'm at a loss for what to do next to get it to work again. It was working up until a couple days ago.
Message 1 of 6
axg20202
Aspirant

Re: Photos II Error when starting Service

Have you tried checking/changing the host name of the ReadyNas itself?
Message 2 of 6
pendletone55
Aspirant

That sounded like a plan so I renamed the NASPro. Removed the app again just to make sure, then reinstalled it. Didn't work though. Still hung for about 3 minutes when trying to start the service and up pops the same message. I have a feeling that there is a configuration file somewhere that is corrupted and removing it doesn't delete the file. As I don't know what corrupted characters are in that configuration file, I have no idea what to rename the device to.

Do you know how I could manually go into the root to delete all references to the Photos II folder and contents in order to start over from scratch. I am not linux or unix or SSH savvy.
Message 3 of 6
ReadySECURE
Apprentice

That's a strange error to receive.
You have the option to add RootSSH access to your device to delete the files, but since you are not tech savvy with this interface, you can contact support at 855-PROSAFE and tell them more about the issue. They'll most likely have to escalate to someone who can perform tech support mode or SSH adjustments to your device and remove those files. If you do call support, please update the thread with the case number.
Message 4 of 6
pendletone55
Aspirant

Thank you.
Message 5 of 6
luite
Aspirant

For the benefit of other googlers on this topic - I resolved this issue by simply switching browser. The symptom was there using firefox 19.0.2 but not in internet explorer.
Probably this feature has javascript issues that are particular to some browsers..?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements