× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Playback Studdering Ultra 4

airwake
Follower

Playback Studdering Ultra 4

Not sure if this is the correct section for this but I am having issues with streaming files off of my ReadyNas Ultra 4 to my macbook running Plex. My ReadyNas came with two Seagate 2tb drives. While I'm streaming a 2tb file that's 45 minutes long I get pauses ever 2-4 minutes. As I monitor my network usage I can see my inbound activity drops to zero while the pause occurs. I feel that this issue is being caused by the drives falling asleep(spinning down) between usage. If I swap out the Seagate drives for WD Black series drives do you think this will fix my issue? My whole reason for buying this ReadyNas was to stream my movies from it. If this isn't going to work I am going to have to return it and figure something else out.

My Mac is connecting to the ReadNas via CIFS. This occurs if my mac is connected via N-wireless or gigabyte wired ethernet.

Sorry for the long rambling post, my brain is fried after trying to deal with this for the last week.
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Playback Studdering Ultra 4

What version of RAIDiator?

What version of Mac OS X?

CIFS wouldn't be the protocol I'd choose for using with Macs.

Have you tried using AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) or perhaps even using the exciting Plex Media Server (http://www.readynas.com/plex) add-on?

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements