× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power timer not working on 104

douglasadair
Aspirant

Power timer not working on 104

Hi. My name's Doug and I'm a new user with a ReadyNAS 104. I'm very much a novice and hope to be able to get some help with the issues I have, particularly the fact that my NAS will not power down using the Power Timer function. Nor will it, at that point, shut down with the power button. I am forced into pulling the plug. Any help?

Cheers,
Doug
Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Power timer not working on 104

What services are you running?

Any apps?

Have you opened a support case?
Message 2 of 10
douglasadair
Aspirant

Me being a complete NAS numpty, could you clarify what you mean by "services" please. No, I have not yet opened a support case. I did look at this topic in relation to the 102 and it seems it's quite a common issue. Thanks.
Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So you tried the procedure here?: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23007/~/how-do-i-power-on-and-shut-down-my-readynas-10...

Open a support case.

Services are shown under System > Services in the Dashboard.

It's possible that something you are using is preventing the NAS from shutting down gracefully.

Is the date and time set correctly on the NAS?
Message 4 of 10
douglasadair
Aspirant

Yes. Tried that procedure but the LED just says "NAS shutting down" constantly, though, of course it doesn't and the power button has no effect. I have Netgear Surveillance and Plex Media apps downloaded but not running. Services I have are SMB, AFP, ReadyDLNA, UPnP, HTTP, HTTPS, genie+Marketplace and Antivirus. Date and time are correct.
Message 5 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you disable Genie?

Do you have any iSCSI LUNs? Disable iSCSI if you are using that.
Message 6 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Other things you could try stopping would include e.g. anti-virus and ReadyDLNA.

Need to try to isolate what is preventing it from shutting down.

Another thing to check is: is your volume redundant or is it resyncing?
Message 7 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Also do you have a running backup job or Replicate job?
Message 8 of 10
douglasadair
Aspirant

No iSCSI LUNs and have disabled Genie. One step at a time methinks, so will see what happens when I try to power down next time. Scheduled for one hour starting midday. By the way, thanks for your quick help. Will let you know the result of disabling Genie when the NAS re-boots at 13:00 (if it achieved a shut-down).
Message 9 of 10
douglasadair
Aspirant

Well. So far so good. I timed my NAS remotely to shut down at 12:00 for one hour after disabling genie+Marketplace. It's now back on line and I have managed to upload two large folders through ReadyDrop. I will, of course, monitor it in case this was a one-off but, progress indeed. Thanks mdgm.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements