× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pro Pioneer won't power on - LAN light flickers

danielclements
Aspirant

Pro Pioneer won't power on - LAN light flickers

hi all,

sorry to be re-submitting this if it has already been asked/answered, but I haven't been able to find anyone with the same issue as me.

I have a readynas pro pioneer that has worked without issue for years now. it is running the latest available firmware (from memory). I had to unplug the power cable last night to re-arrange the area it sits in. since reconnecting the power, the unit will no longer power up.

it was gracefully shut down before disconnecting the power, and I have a vague recollection of this happening before, though, after the power was connected it only took a few minutes for the unit to automatically start. I think it may have had something to do with an onboard battery? correct me if i'm wrong.

at present, when I connect the power, the LAN light flickers on the back of the unit, but the unit is not responsive to pressing the power button.

I'm in the middle of a backup cycle, so i have some new data on there i'm hoping not to lose.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

Dan.
Message 1 of 6
danielclements
Aspirant

Re: Pro Pioneer won't power on - LAN light flickers

I have found this thread, which is just about identical to my situation:

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=66089

Again, any advice is appreciated.

Dan.
Message 2 of 6
danielclements
Aspirant

For those who are interested or have experienced/do experience this in future;

I loaded a support request with Netgear and the result was an RMA. It appears to be a hardware fault.

Netgear support were outstanding in getting back to me and organising the chassis replacement - the unit is 3 and a half years old and no questions or eyebrows were raised.

Very appreciative of their help.

Dan.
Message 3 of 6
danielclements
Aspirant

I have received the replacement unit, but I was told by support that they would transfer my build (passwords/shares/IP details) over to the new chassis in the replacement. This doesn't appear to have happened.

I have 6 disks here that I want to re-insert into the chassis, but I don't want my data to be affected.

Does anyone know if there is a specific approach I should take before reseating my disks?

I may have to re-post this on the appropriate forum.

Thanks.

Dan.
Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your settings are on the disks not in the chassis itself. Though the replacement NAS would have its own MAC addresses for the NICs so if the I.P. for your NAS is a static one assigned by your router you would need to update your router configuration.

Put a spare disk (not from your array) in the replacement chassis. Check to make sure the firmware is at least as new as what you were running then power down, remove the spare disk and follow the migration procedure from the FAQ: http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_migrate_disks_over_from_an_existing_readynas_to_another
Message 5 of 6
danielclements
Aspirant

Thank you very much for the advice - I'm back online and couldn't be happier with the support.

Great work Netgear and the ReadyNAS community.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements