× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Quota on user share folders

CornHead764
Aspirant

Quota on user share folders

I use my ReadyNAS with my Active Directory, so every AD user has a share managed by ReadyNAS. One thing I have noticed however is that users are allowed to take up as much space as they want, and the mapped drives show the total space available. Is there a way to impose a quota on the 'home folders' so each user is allowed to use up to a certain amount of storage space, like you can do on other shares?

Thanks in advance

Model: RN3220|ReadyNAS 3220
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Quota on user share folders

@CornHead764 wrote:

Is there a way to impose a quota on the 'home folders' so each user is allowed to use up to a certain amount of storage space, like you can do on other shares?

If there is, I'm not seeing it either.  And the software manual says its not available.  It's clearly needed.

I added it to the idea exchange - you should vote for it (click on the large up arrow next to the title).  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/Please-add-quotas-for-each-user-s-home-f...

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Quota on user share folders

And there is no easy way to find out how much space each user is using, either.  Yet another reason not to use the standard user shares.  It's a shame, though, that you can't create your own using the users' names even if home folders are disabled.  Still, something like Joe_home for Joe's pseudo-home share probably works OK.  More work for the admin, but more options in the long run.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements