× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 seen as "Unknown Device" in Windows 10 Ver 1703

mjw550
Aspirant

RN102 seen as "Unknown Device" in Windows 10 Ver 1703

When I was upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10 (Build 15063 ver 1703) I got a message of a driver problem. Windows "fixed" it by disabling an "unknown device". It appeared to be my RN102 since the router issued a new ip address for it. I remapped my network drives and am up and running. I still have the "unknown driver" but will do nothing about itt. I do not remember a driver for the NAS, did it have one? Previous reviews of device drivers in Device Manager showed no unknown devices.

Message 1 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: RN102 seen as "Unknown Device" in Windows 10 Ver 1703

There is no driver for the ReadyNAS itself if you are accessing it locally (which it sounds like you are).  To keep the NAS from changing it's IP address, you should reserve an address for it in your router settings.

Message 2 of 5
mjw550
Aspirant

Thank you Sandshark for your answer. The more I look in my router, I believe the MagicJack adapter took the first IP address in the router when the new W10 version installed. My router is an Amped Athena AC2600 and I am looking for how to reserve an IP address in it. I found it for Netgear but not yet for Amped. 

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@mjw550 wrote:

I am looking for how to reserve an IP address in it. I found it for Netgear but not yet for Amped. 

See pages 38-39 of the amped user manual (http://www.ampedwireless.com/docs/usersguide/RTA2600_UsersGuide.pdf).  They call the feature "Set Static DHCP"

Message 4 of 5
mjw550
Aspirant

StephenB

Thank you for the answer. I had downloaded the manual and was going to read it when I had some time. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements