× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 – ReadyNAS 100 Series 4

NimoUnderGround
Aspirant

RN104 – ReadyNAS 100 Series 4

Now that I have updated to the latest firmware 6.10.10, I cannot update my Plex software. I get the following error. (app installation is no longer supported with app upload or available apps) First, why would they do this? How do I update my Plex application? If not, Can I roll back the firmware version? If so, how? I was thinking about upgrading to a new ReadyNAS, but after this, there is no way in hell that I would purchase another. I cannot update apps? I will be looking elsewhere.

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 – ReadyNAS 100 Series 4

@NimoUnderGround wrote:

I was thinking about upgrading to a new ReadyNAS,

You won't find one... Netgear is exiting the business, and hasn't introduced a new platform since 2017.  So you should look elsewhere.

@NimoUnderGround wrote:

First, why would they do this? .

They haven't said, but I think it is because the debian linux version used by the NAS has been retired/archived.

@NimoUnderGround wrote:

Can I roll back the firmware version? If so, how?

Download the ARM zip file from

and extract the image.  

Then go to the system->settings->update section of the web ui, and click on "install firmware".

Message 2 of 5
NimoUnderGround
Aspirant

Thanks for the help and the information. I was able to roll back and upgrade my Plex Server. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@NimoUnderGround wrote:

Thanks for the help and the information. I was able to roll back and upgrade my Plex Server. Thanks again, much appreciated.

At some point in the future you will likely also need the mods in post 37 here

You can install these with winscp if you aren't comfortable with the linux command line.  Enable ssh in the NAS, and use SFTP as the protocol in winscp.  Use root as the username with the NAS admin password.

Message 4 of 5
NimoUnderGround
Aspirant

Will do. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements