× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 Snapshot folder question....I'm a dumb Newbie!

dillon
Aspirant

RN104 Snapshot folder question....I'm a dumb Newbie!

Is there a way to change the default Snapshot folder location (without screwing up future snapshots)? My issue is that I'm running Bittorrent Sync between my laptop and NAS, and one of the folders I sync is "Documents". Well, my laptops HDD is now full as my ReadyNAS Snapshot folder is located in the documents folder. I have plenty of capacity on my NAS, but am very limited on my laptop. If I could move the Snapshot folder out of the document folder so that I'm not syncing the massive snapshot data into my laptop I would be happy. The ReadyNAS UI is ok, but in my opinion could use some revamping. It takes me back to the XTreePro days.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN104 Snapshot folder question....I'm a dumb Newbie!

What you can do is turn snapshots off for that particular folder. Or alternatively set the snapshot option so none of them are user accessible.
Message 2 of 4
dillon
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen! I want to keep the snapshots going, but your other option sounds like it might work. I'm the only user, so I set up all of my folders with the same permissions. I'll try this out tonight when I get home.

Thank you for the quick response!
Message 3 of 4
dillon
Aspirant

Ok, I got it. Somehow (either by default or by accident) the NAS "Documents" folder properties had a check in the view snapshots box. Unchecked it, and now I'm not syncing 4 weeks worth of snapshots to my laptop (over 700GB!). I'm good now.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements