× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10400 Failing To Boot

Eckers
Guide

RN10400 Failing To Boot

I updated to 6.1.1 and everything seemed to be working fine. That evening i restarted my Readynas and ever since it has failed to boot, the display says "Booting..." and the power LED flashes but it hangs in that position. I have three 3TB hard drives in the ReadyNas. When i power it down, remove two of the hard drives and then power it back up again it boots properly, i then reinsert the two drives i removed and the ReadyNas recognises them but says that there is no Volume and invites me to create a new volume. I assume if i do this i will delete all the data on the hard drives, which is something i dont want to do if i can help it.

It looks as though the hard drives are ok because the ReadyNAs recognises all of them but for some reason doesn't boot when they are all in place. Does anybody have any ideas what i can do? Alternatively, is there a way i can get my data off the hard drives and then start again by creating a new volume?

Thank you.
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN10400 Failing To Boot

Contact tech support (see the links in my sig). If over 90 days since purchase make an online submission.

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements