× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10400 _ unable to reset password - password i use which is right just doesnt work

NQ_1
Aspirant

RN10400 _ unable to reset password - password i use which is right just doesnt work

Betriebssystem : Mac OSX 10.8.5

Wurde auf demselben Betriebssystem installiert - keinerlei upgrades

gekauft im Frühahr - noch nie online Cloud genutzt

Wollte es einrichten - kann aber nicht auf mein admin Konto zugreifen

Wenn ich die recovery question beantworte - bekomm ich nur die Benachrichtgung:  Recover Password failed!

....mmh

Fragen:

1. Wie komm ich zu meinem  Passwort zu meinem Admin Konto?

2. Wo finde ich eine konkrete Beschreibung wie man die Cloud richtig verwendet und einrichtet?

Danke im Vorraus

VLG aus Wien

Message 1 of 10
NQ_1
Aspirant

Betreff: RN10400 _ unable to reset password - password i use which is right just doesnt work

Ach ja und wenn ich versuche nach den Anweisungen zu gehen die ich gefundenhabe scheiter ich schon daran dass readycloud kein Device "discoverd"

wenn ich dann RAIDar verwenden möchte - scheitere ich an der Passwort misere

Message 2 of 10
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Betreff: RN10400 _ unable to reset password - password i use which is right just doesnt work

Hi NQ_1,

Welcome to the community!

I suggest that your perform OS reinstall on your system. This procedure won't delete your data, it will reset the admin user password to the default (which is password) and the network settings to DHCP. I hope you can update the thread once you're done.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 10
NQ_1
Aspirant

Re: Betreff: RN10400 _ unable to reset password - password i use which is right just doesnt work

Woohoo thanks for your fast answer!

but i think i found a reason why ready cloud doesnt, work when i try to start with this page:
https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=discoverdevices

i think its because of that:
To use Ready cloud i need to connect the Nas with my Router directly?
Cause i didnt...
Maybe if i would do this right i dont even need the admin passwort..?!

please help me in general ...i don`t get it , there are soooo many thousands of pages with information and i just dont get it ..
1. how do i use the ready Cloud
2. ready cloud means i can connect with my Server ( which the Nas then is?) from everywhere ( as  long as i have an internetconnection)?
3. is there a guide for dummies?
4. is there also a guide how to use timemaching properly and also in combination with the Nas?

5. is there any chance of personal support here in vienna? real people i can go to and they show me how to do it? or at least someone i can talk to on the phone...maybe in german language?THX a lot greez from sunny vienna 🙂

Message 4 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@NQ_1 wrote:
To use Ready cloud i need to connect the Nas with my Router directly?
Cause i didnt...

The "N" in Nas is for Network.  To get the most out of it, it does need to be able to reach the internet.

You will need the admin password - the default is password

Can you let us know what you've done so far?

Message 5 of 10
NQ_1
Aspirant

OK

when i buyed my Nas

I have installed RAIDar

at the moment I use the NAS via ethernetcable to store my files

some months ago i already logged in once to my admin page and i changed the password ( this one doesnt work anymore)

now i want to use the ready cloud but i cant get access to the admin page ( which seems to be needed to get this whole readycloud thing working...)

Message 6 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@NQ_1 wrote:

OK

when i buyed my Nas

I have installed RAIDar

at the moment I use the NAS via ethernetcable to store my files

some months ago i already logged in once to my admin page and i changed the password ( this one doesnt work anymore)

now i want to use the ready cloud but i cant get access to the admin page ( which seems to be needed to get this whole readycloud thing working...)

Is the NAS connected to your router? 

If not, first do that.

Then try the OS reinstall procedure found on page 24-25 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/RN_OS_6_Desktop_HW_UM_12Oct2015.pdf  That will reset the network configuration to use DHCP, and will also reset the password to password

After you get into the unit, change the admin password to something else.  And if you can't remember it, then write it down and tape it to the inside of the disk tray door..

Message 7 of 10
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi NQ_1,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. how do i use the ready Cloud 

-  Check these articles http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30599/~/how-do-i-upgrade-my-readycloud-account-if-i-ha... & http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22783/~/what-is-readycloud-and-how-do-i-use-it-with-my...

2. ready cloud means i can connect with my Server ( which the Nas then is?) from everywhere ( as  long as i have an internet connection)? 

- Yes. With the use of the web portal, desktop /or mobile app.

3. is there a guide for dummies?

- Check this page for instruction.

4. is there also a guide how to use timemachine properly and also in combination with the Nas?

- Setup guide is available here.

5. is there any chance of personal support here in vienna? real people i can go to and they show me how to do it? or at least someone i can talk to on the phone...maybe in german language?THX a lot greez from sunny vienna Smiley Happy

- You can contact our support team but expect that there's a charge since your device is out of warranty.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 10
NQ_1
Aspirant

Thank you so much Guys! Great Help 🙂

Message 9 of 10
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi NQ_1,

You're welcome!

Can you tell us if you were you able to access the admin page using the default login credentials? If everything is sorted out, kindly mark this thread closed.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements