× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN51600 No longer accessible after upgrade to 6.5

demoleon63
Aspirant

RN51600 No longer accessible after upgrade to 6.5

Since upgrading to 6.5 I am no longer able to access my shares via my Windows 10 office desktop.  My windows 10 network locations don't work any more and if I browse to the RN516 (I can see it on the network) when I click on it I get the same "not accessible" error.  I have a Theater PC (also running Windows 10) that can access the shares fine.  I also have two ReadyNAS Ultra 6s that I use for backup that were also upgraded to 6.5 and they are working fine with no issues on all PCs.  I can log into the admin page of the RN516 with no issues and I see no error messages when I view the logs.  I have rebooted everything multiple times.  As noted elsewhere in these forums I have checked the Windows credential manager and see no credentials for my NASs (Both the ones that work and the one that doesn't.)  Everything show up fine and healthy on RAIDar.  But when I hit the browse button on the RN516 it takes my to My Documents folder on my office PC (the browse buttons on the two Ultra 6s work as expected in RAIDar.)  I installed RAIDar on the theater PC and the browse buttons ALL work as expected on all three units.  I also checked the credential manager on the theater PC and no credentials exist for any of my NASs.  Please help.

Thanks,

John

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
demoleon63
Aspirant

Re: RN51600 No longer accessible after upgrade to 6.5

Yes, I do.   I noticed that my theater PC was set on a local account so I changed my office PC to a local account too and now everything is back to normal.  I can access all my shares as usual.  So I guess my problem is solved for now.

Thanks,

John

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you login to the Windows 10 office desktop using an email address?

Message 2 of 8
AlisterFiend
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I log into all of my Windows machines with my Live email account. My Win10 under Parallels on my Mac works fine but a new install of Win10 and another system show the RN516 in Explorer but state Windows cannot access \\Servername\Share Cannot access it via direct IP either.

Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you use ReadyCLOUD with this NAS, do you use that same email address for your NETGEAR account for use with ReadyCLOUD?

Message 4 of 8
AlisterFiend
Aspirant

I used the same email for both. I currently have ReadyCloud disabled while I troubleshoot this issue.

Message 5 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@AlisterFiend wrote:

I used the same email for both. 

I believe that's the issue (and that Netgear is working on a fix).

Message 6 of 8
demoleon63
Aspirant

Yes, I do.   I noticed that my theater PC was set on a local account so I changed my office PC to a local account too and now everything is back to normal.  I can access all my shares as usual.  So I guess my problem is solved for now.

Thanks,

John

Message 7 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello demoleon63,

We greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information provided has helped resolve your issue.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear appreciates your contribution to the community!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements