× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCloud sync app not syncing on Windows 10 computer

Jim_Norman
Aspirant

ReadyCloud sync app not syncing on Windows 10 computer

I installed the ReadyCloud App for Backup and Sync on my Windows 10 PC.   I selected a PC folder to be backed up to my NAS and then selected Sync now in the app.    After indexing, it appeared to backup everything in the folder to a new share it created on the NAS.  However, I have added new files to the folder on my PC and they are not showing up in the NAS share.  The app shows a two way arrow on the share and a Synchronized label.    I have also added files to the NAS share and they are not showing up in the PC folder.

There also does not appear to be a way to see what PC folder the NAS share is linked to in case you want to reverify linkage.

Thanks for any assistance.

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 1 of 3
Jim_Norman
Aspirant

Re: ReadyCloud sync app not syncing on Windows 10 computer

After doing a lot of searching, it appears that the ReadyNAS Backup and Sync app will create a new folder under the user's account folder for syncing to a selected folder on the NAS.  What I wanted to do is sync an existing PC folder to a folder on the NAS, not create a new one.   Since I cannot do this, I will not be using the ReadyNAS app.  Instead, I will use the FreeFileSync program.

It would certainly be desirable for Netgear to add an option to allow you to sync to specific PC folders instead of greating a new folder.

Model: RN526X|ReadyNAS 526X – 6 Bays with up to 60TB total storage
Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyCloud sync app not syncing on Windows 10 computer

@Jim_Norman wrote:

It would certainly be desirable for Netgear to add an option to allow you to sync to specific PC folders instead of greating a new folder.

I agree (and you aren't the first person to ask for that).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements