× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 SMB2_read+d4 Error

pasman
Follower

ReadyNAS 104 SMB2_read+d4 Error

My ReadyNAS 104 locks up about 2-3 times per week with an SMB2_read+d4 Error on the display. In a previous thread for a different poster (now closed) I saw a response that the cause was a system drive (https://community.netgear.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=smb2_read%20d4&collapse_discussion=...) but that answer seems incomplete. In my case there are (4) 2 TB drives in the NAS setup in a RAID5 configuration running firmware 6.9.3, the system error log doesn't identify any errors relating to any of the drives, the current status is "healthy" , all the drives and CPU are operating in a normal temperature range. If one of the drives is failing during a backup job or something like that, how can I determine which drive has the error if the device locks up before it can make a log entry? Is my only recourse to replace a drive, let it rebuild, and then see if the error occurs again (and then try a different drive until I have swapped out all 4?). Is there any diagnostic test that can identify which drive may be failing?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 SMB2_read+d4 Error

Hi pasman,

Welcome to the Community!

You may provide to us the complete system logs of the NAS so we can further check what caused the error. Please check this link on how you can send it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 SMB2_read+d4 Error

Hi pasman,

The systemd-journal.log shows recent complaints about disk 2. Upon checking the disk_info.log, The current pending sector has a count of 8 on disk 2. 

Disk 1 appears to be not in good shape either as it has ATA error count of 54.

I have also sent you a PM of the serial number of the drives that has the errors.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements