× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 2100 xraid2 expansion

Crazykiwi
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 2100 xraid2 expansion

Hi I have just upgraded our readynas 2100 from 1TB drives to 2TB drives.
It has resynced all four drives and is now running fine on the four new 2TB drives. I have rebooted and it has expanded the volume to use the new free space.
But my volume size is still the same as before, it hasn't had any more free space allocated to it, but my snapshot reserved space is now 2804GB, is there a way to shrink the snapshot reserved space and allocate that to the volume space?
Thanks heaps!
Message 1 of 5
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: ReadyNAS 2100 xraid2 expansion

Kindly try these steps below:

1. Access Frontview, click System tab, click Performance then Enable Journaling.
2. Still under the System tab, click Power then disable Disk Spin-Down.
3. On Frontview, click Volumes tab, click Volume Settings, click Snapshot then delete any active snapshot and turn off snapshot schedule.
4. After doing steps 1-3 above, on Frontview, click System, click Shutdown, select "Shutdown and reboot device" then check the box that says "Check and fix quotas on next boot. This process can take several minutes to more than an hour depending on disk capacity and the number of files on your volume" then click Apply.

After doing the steps above, kindly observe if the volume has expanded successfully.

Hope the steps above would help 😄
Message 2 of 5
Crazykiwi
Aspirant

Hi tried the above steps but no luck, disk space says 2759GB and additional 2804 GB reserved for snapshots.
I need to shrink the space reserved for snapshots so that the c volume can get more space.
Message 3 of 5
RX
Luminary
Luminary

crazykiwi wrote:
Hi tried the above steps but no luck, disk space says 2759GB and additional 2804 GB reserved for snapshots.
I need to shrink the space reserved for snapshots so that the c volume can get more space.

Have you tried to contact Netgear Support? I believe they could help you with your concern. It possible that this could be resolve via a telnet or SSH access to your NAS. Be aware that you might need to avail a support contract if ever your NAS is already out of support warranty.
Message 4 of 5
vandermerwe
Master

Do you have a backup?
What firmware is on the 2100?
In Frontview, what does it say in Volume/Snapshot? Can you see an option to reduce the snapshot size?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements