× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3138 continually prompts for a password

infologicit
Tutor

ReadyNAS 3138 continually prompts for a password

I have a small Windows-based domain network with a single domain controller, running Windows Server 2019, for authentication and a ReadyNAS 3138 for storage. The ReadyNAS is configured to use Active Directory for authentication and this has worked successfully for six months or more but recently I have had some authentication issues when trying to browse the ReadyNAS.

Some users have reported that they are unable to browse the ReadyNAS at all, they are being prompted for the logon credentials which are not being accepted.

I have confirmed that there are no rogue devices using the same static IP address as the ReadyNAS which might be intercepting the request.

I know that the logon details I am using are correct and I have confirmed that the ReadyNAS is synchronising with Active Directory as I have created a new user account.

If I switch Access Type from Active Directory to Local Users I am able to browse the ReadyNAS using the local user account credentials.

Over the last few months I have been gradually been moving all server roles (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.) from an old server, running Windows Server 2012, to this new server. Having completed that process I left the old server online as a member of the domain but performing no other function. Having satisfied that the old server was no longer required I shut it down and that's when the authentication issue occured. When I switched it back on again the problem with accessing the ReadyNAS went away.

Has anybopdy come across this issue before? Are there any log files I can look which might explain why this is happening?

Thanks

David

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements