× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314 - fan with

vollprofi1
Tutor

ReadyNAS 314 - fan with

Dear community,

from a colleague of mine I got a ReadyNAS 314. Due to the fact that I am already using a 214er I was quite happy because this device seems to be quite new. It was a quite lucky situation for me because I needed an additional NAS very fast and so I commissioned it as soon as possible. Nearly everything is perfect with this device...

My problem: This 314 respectviely its fan jangles my nerves. Every 3 or 4 seconds there is a clicking noise coming from the fan and additionally this fan sounds like getting faster and lower also every 3 or 4 seconds (sounds like there is a difference in speed of some turns per minute only and not such a big difference). My question: where can I (from Germany) get a spare fan from for this device? Or (espacially the noise of getting faster and slower) is this a known problem and how can it be solved?

Kind regards

Sebastian

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 314 - fan with

Hi @vollprofi1

Are you certain that the noise coming from the fan or the disk? have you checked the temperature under System>Performance? Most likely the fan adjusting its speed is due to the temperature reading, so the NAS should be located in a well-ventilated place.

If everything seems to be normal, perhaps we can check the logs to see what's causing the problem.

If you still have a warranty I would also suggest contacting NETGEAR Support so they can assist you in case the chassis needs replacement.

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 314 - fan with

Hi @vollprofi1

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements