× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3200 - Can't Delete Volume

Zarcc
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 3200 - Can't Delete Volume

Having a spot of problem.  Repurposing an old ReadyNAS for transition storage for my DR.  However, when deleting the LUN that was on the iSCSI it errored out (Didn't save the error).  Checking the documentation, I should be able to delete the volume but there is nothing there for the GUI.  I've tried doing a factory reset but that still doesn't eliminate the volume.  I've updated the firmware to the latest (4.2.31) and still nothing.  Haven't found a solution on a CLI approach.

This is what I see:

image.png

Any thoughts?

Model: ReadyNAS RN12P1220|ReadyNAS 3200
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Zarcc
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 3200 - Can't Delete Volume

John,

Thanks for both the welcome and the reply.

I was doing the reset through the GUI but the reset just wouldn't take for some unknown reason.  My passwords, my network, and, of course, the volume remained.

I ended-up corrupting the volume so it would disappear off the system entirely by swapping disks and rebooting the device.  After that, I was able to get the factory reset to take hold and now have it up and running.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Zarcc,

Welcome to the Community!

The volume should have been deleted already if you have done factory reset. How did you do the factory reset? Did you do it using the GUI or through the boot menu?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Zarcc
Aspirant

John,

Thanks for both the welcome and the reply.

I was doing the reset through the GUI but the reset just wouldn't take for some unknown reason.  My passwords, my network, and, of course, the volume remained.

I ended-up corrupting the volume so it would disappear off the system entirely by swapping disks and rebooting the device.  After that, I was able to get the factory reset to take hold and now have it up and running.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements