× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 4200 becomes unresponsive during expansion

paulmo
Follower

ReadyNAS 4200 becomes unresponsive during expansion

I have a ReadyNAS 4200 unit with 9 drives running the latest available firmware. The 9 disks were setup in in a RAID-X2 configuration. I followed the manual and added 3 more disks (same type/same model) to the unit. I could see the unit starting the process of adding the 10th disk to the volume (restriping) yesterday. However, the none of the disk lights are active on the unit and the system does not respond on its configured IP interfaces. No fault indicator is turned on. I connected a monitor / keyboard to the system, but nothing is displayed. Obviously, I am worried about rebooting the system. I could not find applicable troubleshooting instructions in the manual either. Do you have any recommendation? Would it be safe to power cycle the unit? I also tried to access the serial console to no avail. There does not seem to be any documentation about the serial console either (speed, parity, etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
de_niro
Guide

Re: ReadyNAS 4200 becomes unresponsive during expansion

Please contact support center to check all disks health,I think that there is one or more disks are not healthy which resulted in resync job interruption.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements