× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 6.9.0 (RN214) - Timeout when checking for updates

ReadyNAS 6.9.0 (RN214) - Timeout when checking for updates

Hi,

I checked the discussion boards for a similar problem and tried the suggested solution however I'm still having issues.

I have full access to the ReadyNAS on my network as well as access on ReadyCloud when accessing from my mobile. Whenever I check for updates I get an error message saying "Operation timeout. Communication error. Check your Internet connection, DNS settings or proxy settings."

Never had issues with it in the past, and haven't made any changes to my router or NAS since the last time it updated.

I tried adding 8.8.8.8 as a DNS server to the iPv4 as suggested in the forums but that didn't work.

I tried disabling iPv6 as suggested in forums and that is also did not work.

I also tried rebooting the NAS and router, no luck there either.

Any ideas on what's causing the issue?

Thanks in advance

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 6.9.0 (RN214) - Timeout when checking for updates

Is NTP working (keeping the time in sync? ).  You can toggle the NTP service using the settings wheel next to "device time" on the system overview page.  uncheck the checkbox, apply, check the checkbox, apply. 

When you apply the second time, the system should let you know if the NTP service succeeds (or not).

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
grindstr
Guide

Hi, I have the same problem.

Running 6.9.1-T119. Also tried DNS 8.8.8.8, but to no help.

Any solution?

Model: RN31442D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Is NTP working (keeping the time in sync? ).  You can toggle the NTP service using the settings wheel next to "device time" on the system overview page.  uncheck the checkbox, apply, check the checkbox, apply. 

When you apply the second time, the system should let you know if the NTP service succeeds (or not).

Message 3 of 6
grindstr
Guide

Hi StephenB

Thanks for your respond. I tried again right now, without doing anything about NTP. Ie, the clock is correct.

Check for Update is now working again. Could be that the software server was off-line for some time?

Anyway, thanks again for responding to this problem.

grindstr

Model: RN31442D|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 4 of 6

NTP was working correctly. Update works for me now as well. Guess it must have been an issue on the server-side.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@superjuventino wrote:

Guess it must have been an issue on the server-side.

Sounds like it.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements