× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo V2 Firmware

ukbobboy
Luminary

ReadyNAS Duo V2 Firmware

Dear Forum Members

I know this may seem a silly question, especially as the Duo V2 is an EOL product and firmware 5.3.9 has just been fully released, i.e. put on Netgear's update server, but I understand that there is a 5.3.10T (beta) firmware kicking around.

Therefore, will this beta firmware be finalised and release or will it just be abandoned?

This is just a "nice to know" question, at the moment 5.3.9 seems to be OK although I have only been using it for about a week.

UK Bob
Message 1 of 3
vandermerwe
Master

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V2 Firmware

I think if Netgear are producing beta versions then implicit in that is that they will produce a final version.
Timescale is however unpredictable for the older readynas devices.
What is it that you are waiting for?

You have seen this I presume?
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=72267
Message 2 of 3
ukbobboy
Luminary

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V2 Firmware

Hi Vandermerwe

There are two things I would like to see corrected:

1) Fix the bug that prevents some Windows O/Ss from working properly with the Duo V2's access rights, at the moment only the "Everyone" and "Allow Anonymous access" combination works, any other "access rights" set-up does not work. (And yes, I have officially reported this problem to Netgear's helpdesk but they were unable to provide a solution).

2) The option to change Dashboard's standard screen colours to something more easier on the eyes, i.e. more like the old Frontview, which did not cause any strain on older eyes (unlike Dashboard).

I know that my "problems" are more like wishes but I live in hope.

Finally, yes I have seen the mail you have linked to but, like most NAS users, I have no idea what bugs Netgear's techs have chosen to look at.

UK Bob
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements