× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8 can't access frontview (#17053258)

NASn00b
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8 can't access frontview (#17053258)

I can't seem to access frontview anymore. It doesn't matter which browser or which os. I recently updated to 4.1.8 and everything was fine, but all of a sudden I can't access frontview. I get a connection timeout on the page. I still have access to shares. I can still ssh in. When I do a portscan, port 80 isn't open. when I try to start apache from console, i get this error:

Starting web server: apache2env: /usr/sbin/apache2ctl: No such file or directory
failed!

I have tried to reboot it several times. When running portscan while booting, it seems like port 80 opens up but then all of a sudden it shuts down. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8 can't access frontview

That's not how to restart Frontview.

Try this:

apache-ssl -f /etc/frontview/apache/httpd.conf -k restart

If this doesn't work take a look in /var/log/frontview/errors.log as this may indicate why.
Do you have any community addons installed (e.g. PHP)?
Message 2 of 10
NASn00b
Aspirant

So I'm getting an error:
[error] Can't locate BITTORRENT/BITTORRENT_HANDLER.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/frontview/addons/ui /frontview/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /frontview/ui/resource/html) at (eval 4) line 3.\n
[Mon Oct 31 23:50:00 2011] [error] Can't load Perl module BITTORRENT::BITTORRENT_HANDLER for server

Last I remember, that I had uninstalled that addon. Any way to fix this.
Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Is there a .remove script for bit torrent in /etc/frontview/addons?

If so execute it: e.g.

MDGM-NAS:~# sh /etc/frontview/addons/BITTORRENT.remove

Edit: as it didn't fix the problem I've removed the contents of the remove script from this post.
Message 4 of 10
NASn00b
Aspirant

So the file wasn't there. I copied the contents of your file and executed it. Still the same error with loading modules.
Message 5 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please install the Bittorrent add-on (http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/4.1/BitTorrent_1.3.bin) and then remove it.

Normally you'd install it via System > Update > Local in Frontview, however you'll need to install it via the command line.

To install it do e.g. the following

1. Change the working directory

cd /etc/frontview/addons

2. Create a new directory (you want to use a unique name to make sure that you don't use one used temporarily by the add-on install script) e.g.

mkdir bit93torrent

3. change the working directory to the new folder (important so that the install script only deletes the installation files and the add-on you downloaded not other stuff on the NAS).

cd bit93torrent

4. Download the add-on

wget http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/4.1/BitTorrent_1.3.bin

5. Extract the contents (normally this doesn't work for Jedi add-ons but it does for this one):

tar xvf BitTorrent_1.3.bin

You will get a few errors e.g. does not look like tar archive (ignore these)
6. Execute the install script

sh install.sh

Try restarting apache again as I described above. Hopefully you then have access to Frontview again.
7. Remove bittorrent add-on again (this add-on is no longer included in Frontview and it's recommended to use Transmission which is regularly updated) either via Frontview or via SSH.
8. Confirm that you can still access Frontview.
Message 6 of 10
NASn00b
Aspirant

I did all those steps. I can now reach the bittorrent client at port 8080, but still no frontview.
[Tue Nov 01 08:43:00 2011] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `192.168.125.66' does NOT match server name!?
Bad free() ignored (PERL_CORE) at /frontview/lib/Frontview.pm line 2.
[Tue Nov 01 08:43:16 2011] [error] Can't locate BITTORRENT/BITTORRENT_HANDLER.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/frontview/addons/ui /frontview/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share
/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /frontview/ui/resource/html) at (eval 4) line 3.\n
[Tue Nov 01 08:43:16 2011] [error] Can't load Perl module BITTORRENT::BITTORRENT_HANDLER for server 192.168.1.111:0, exiting...
Message 7 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would suggest you open a tech support case (http://www.readynas.com/support). Edit the thread title (subject of the thread) to include your case number.
Message 8 of 10
NASn00b
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8 can't access frontview (#17053258)

I have done that now. Thanks for your help. Hopefully this can be resolved.
Message 9 of 10
NASn00b
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ 4.1.8 can't access frontview (#17053258)

Reset back to factory defaults. This can be closed.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements