× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Hangs

beglitis
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Hangs

Hi,

I can see it has been discussed before but I didn't see a consensus on the issue. My ReadyNAS NV+ v2 hangs out of nowhere, it responds to ping but everything else is down, ssh, shares, remote. It works fine for a day or two but then it dies. Hard reboot and then everything is fine again until it dies once more.

I am about to do a factory reset but any ideas why is this happening? For the record, I haven't kept the box so sending the unit back doesn't seem like an option.

I only use the machine as a rsync server to store backups from my other ReadyNAS devices.

Thank you

Nick
Message 1 of 4
beglitis
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Hangs

I also raised the issue with support, # 20922024
Message 2 of 4
beglitis
Aspirant

I am seriously thinking that this NV+ v2 is hanging business is down to the machine running out of memory (both physical and swap).

root@nas-nvp-ldn:~# free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 246820 224156 22664 0 32768 108604
-/+ buffers/cache: 82784 164036
Swap: 524268 57824 466444

with only two rsync jobs running. When everything kicks in at midnight (10+ rsync processes from the other NAS boxes starting at the same time) I am pretty sure it will crash again.
Message 3 of 4
RNNerd
Aspirant

I think I have a similar issue.
When I attempt an rsync initiated either from the source or destination machine (where the destination machine is a NV+ v2) the NV+ v2 disconnects from the network and the backup job ends with an "Unexpected Error"
After the crash the NV+ v2 cannot be turned off from its front power switch either.

I hope Netgear sort this issue out soon.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements