× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Remote Connectivity Issue: Resolved

NV_v2
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Remote Connectivity Issue: Resolved

For those who have Macs and older ReadyNAS units and have had trouble with ReadyNAS remote not working, I have finally got mine to work.
First I downloaded the latest version on tuntap, then I installed the Beta version of Readycloud desktop client, logging in with the Readynas Remote credentials. You will have to allow incoming connections from the firewall. If you use Little Snitch there will be a bunch. Once successfully logged in you will see "Currently You Have no devices Registered". That is ok. Now start Readynas Remote (keep Readycloud client running), and you should login successfully and be able to see your shares. I hope this helps.

The links for the Beta Mac Readycloud App is:

https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/i ... yCLOUD.pkg

If you need ReadyNAS Remote (Since it is no longer available on the Netgear website) here is the link:

http://www.readynas.com/contributed/mdg ... 1.2.15.pkg
Message 1 of 3
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: ReadyNAS Remote Connectivity Issue: Resolved

You were able to run readycloud desktop app along with the readynas remote client?

What's your OS?
Message 2 of 3
NV_v2
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Remote Connectivity Issue: Resolved

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2. Yes, I was able to run both apps simultaneously, but Readycloud needs to launch first. I think the Readycloud app must have opened up necessary ports/paths/routes that ReadyNas remote did not. I just rebooted, and now Readynas remote works WITHOUT the Readycloud app, so it must have just remembered the settings needed from the previous session that worked. I will be keeping Readycloud installed in case Readynas Remote fails to load again. Who knows maybe just a fresh install of tun tap was all that was needed?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements