× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo - NTI Shadow Software

nokiboi
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo - NTI Shadow Software

HI,

I have just purchased a ReadyNas Duo RND2110 and note that it came with NTI Shadow.

Since then I have found out that the version 3 supplied is not compatible with Windows 7, on the basis I thought that the ReadyNas was fully compatible with Windows 7 am surprised that Netgear bundle software that is not.

On looking thru the forum there is mention that Netgear supplies Memeo instead of NTI Shadow, however as to which models get this instead is unclear.

Can anyone advise if Memeo does come with the RND2110 or is it the case Netgear decides to supply software that is not compatible with Windows 7.

Many thanks
Message 1 of 4
Riverman1
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNas Duo - NTI Shadow Software

I have been using NTI Shadow V 3.7.9.73 on my Windows 7 with a Duo since purchace and no problems.

Try re installing the software and reboot after installation.
Message 2 of 4
nokiboi
Aspirant

THanks for the reply Riverman, I have decided instead to opt to purchase Memeo at the discounted Netgear price and although it isn't perfect it seems to do the job.

Cheers
Message 3 of 4
iAmRockinRich
Aspirant

I purchased shadow 5 to back up multiple computers. The problem I am having is how do I back up without one computer deleting files from another computer? I have four folders, DOCUMENTS MUSIC VIDEO PICTURES. so for example I would like pictures from all of my computers to be in the PICTURES folder. Likewise for DOCUMENTS MUSIC VIDEO FOLDERS. Is this even possible? thanks for the help.
Ric
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements