× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo V2 - After restart, nothing works

Lucos
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo V2 - After restart, nothing works

Hi guys,

After restarting my ReadyNas Duo V2, I lost all my acces (SMB, DLNA, SSH, Dashboard).

I perform an OS reinstall by boot menu, but nothing changes.

I tested open ports from my Neywork, only telnet port (23) is open. I tried to connect, but i can't find the credentials...

I don't know what to do.

I think about perform a factory boot, but I don't want to loose my data, and don't have nothing to backup it for the moment.

Someone can help me ?

Thanks

Lucos

Message 1 of 8
vandermerwe
Master

Re: ReadyNas Duo V2 - After restart, nothing works

Read this guide and tell us whether this is in fact a v2 or a v1:

http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Alternatively do you know what firmware was running?

When did you buy the device?

Which lights are on on the nas?

Does raidar see the nas?

Did you receive any messages about disk errors?

You say you have tried ssh access, how did you test ssh access?

What disks are in?  One of the things you will need to do is to power down and test the disks using vendor tools on a PC. 

Message 2 of 8
Lucos
Aspirant

Hi vandermerwe,

Thanks for your answer.

It's a ReadyNas Duo v2 (I verified with the guide you sent me).

The firmware version is RAIDiator-arm-5.3.10 (I found the last System Update Status email, from 2014/12/08).

The power button and Disk 1 led are on.

Raidar don't see the nas.

I didn't recieve any messages about disk errors

For ssh, i made a mistake. It could not work has i desinstall SSH add-on few month ago. But 22 port is not open.

There's just one disk.  WD Green - 3,5'' 2000 Go  - IntelliPower - 64 Mo - SATA III 6 Gb/s

What do you mean by "test the disks using vendor tools on a PC" ? Test the disk with an external usb hard drive box ? I don't have one at home ...

Lucos

Message 3 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well it would be better to hook the drive up to an internal SATA port in your PC and test it using WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics.

Message 4 of 8
vandermerwe
Master

While you are testing the disk, could you put another spare disk in the nas and factory default it. This will establish whether the chassis is ok or not. 

Remember to not insert or remove the data disk while the nas is on, it must be off. 

It is also probably worth cloning the data disk. Do you know how to do this?

Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Lucos,

I just want to share this link below where you can download the Windows version of the Data LifeGuard Diagnostics:

http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
Lucos
Aspirant

Hy guys, thanks for your answers.

I tested several way to restore my data, but seems to be lost : the HDD is dead.

- WD Data Life guard was not able to analyze the disk

- HDTunes displayed bad sector from the begining of the disk that HDD Regenerator was not able to fix

- I try to clone the data partition of my disk that seems to be safe, but HD clone was not able to do it.

With a new disk the ReadyNas is now working.

I have been able to find the majority of my datas from differents backups on my PC, external HDD but not all 😞

Now I'll wil keep 2 disks in ReadyNas and will make reguler external backups.

Luc

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Lucos,

@Lucos wrote:

I tested several way to restore my data, but seems to be lost : the HDD is dead.

- WD Data Life guard was not able to analyze the disk

- HDTunes displayed bad sector from the begining of the disk that HDD Regenerator was not able to fix

- I try to clone the data partition of my disk that seems to be safe, but HD clone was not able to do it.

@Lucos wrote:

I have been able to find the majority of my datas from differents backups on my PC, external HDD but not all 😞

I am sorry for that.   However, at least you still have majority of your data.

Lucos wrote:

With a new disk the ReadyNas is now working.

Now I'll wil keep 2 disks in ReadyNas and will make regular external backups.

I am glad that your NAS is working fine using a new disk.  Having regular external backups would be good practice.  🙂

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements