× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas NV+ Default Username/Password

NSS-John
Initiate

ReadyNas NV+ Default Username/Password

Hi,

I found an older ReadyNas NV+ unit at my new job, Part number is RNV2-S2-0000. I found instructions online how to reset it to factory default, which I have (seemingly) successfully done. I can connect to it with RAIDar, and I was able to do initial setup through it for X-Raid, and the front shows 637GB available of 637GB.

However, I am unable to sign in to the unit at http://xxx.xxx.xx.x/admin so I can update it, configure shares, etcetera.

I have tried the combibation of admin/admin, admin/password, admin/netgear1, admin/[blank] with no success. Anyone know what the correct username/password for this model is when reset to factory?  I would love to get some use out of this thing!

Thanks!

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas NV+ Default Username/Password

@NSS-John wrote:

Anyone know what the correct username/password for this model is when reset to factory?  I would love to get some use out of this thing!

The normal default is admin/netgear1.  If the unit is very old (as I suspect yours is), it could be admin/infrant1

The current firmware would be 4.1.16; you might need to install that manually (update server URLs have sometimes changed over the years).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@NSS-John wrote:

Anyone know what the correct username/password for this model is when reset to factory?  I would love to get some use out of this thing!

The normal default is admin/netgear1.  If the unit is very old (as I suspect yours is), it could be admin/infrant1

The current firmware would be 4.1.16; you might need to install that manually (update server URLs have sometimes changed over the years).

Message 2 of 3
NSS-John
Initiate

Ahh, God bless you StephenB!  It was admin/infrant1!  Now I can use this unit and I will upgrade the firmware (whihc currently is RAIDiator™ v3.01c1-p6 [1.00a034]!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements