× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas104 Win10 File Share Access Denied

SPRDigital
Follower

ReadyNas104 Win10 File Share Access Denied

I have 1 ReadyNas 104 V6.2.? which partially works with windows 10.

I have 8 file shares incluiding the defaults like pictures. 2 of them require permissions the rest don't.

I can see all of the shares and access the files on the shares that are open. but if I try to access the password protected share then the process fails.

When I first upgraded to Win 10 4 days ago this worked fine but has now just stopped. On windows 8 this happened occasionally and the solution was just to restart the PC and then it worked. This technique worked on 10 as well but it took upwards of 5 or 6 restarts to get it to work and now its stopped completely.

Only raeley did just stop working, usually it failed right from power up and I had to power up aagin.

The login error message is very long but it does mention that  only 1 connection per user is allowed.

After thinking it through I remember that at one point I found out how to make win 8 log on from power up which worked fine for about 12 months until it started to ask permission again but I could live with that. Actually it may have stopped working again when win8.1 was forced on me without my permission.

It could well be this that is the problem a faied power up connection might be preventing my attempts.But I have no idea what I did or where to start looking.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas104 Win10 File Share Access Denied

Reboot the PC.

Go into the Windows 10 credentials manager (type "credentials" in the windows search bar).

Delete any existing credentials for your NAS (either its name or its IP address).

Enter a new windows credential for your NAS, using its IP address a local user account on the NAS (admin works) and the associated password for that account.

Then try accessing again.  If it works, then create a second windows credential using the NAS Name, and then try that one as well.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements