× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 314 rebuild strange behaviour?

Leela
Aspirant

Readynas 314 rebuild strange behaviour?

Hi

I have a 314, running OS 6.2.2

I had 2 x 3TB WD30EFRX installed in my 314. I added a third one last night and the 314 has been rebuilding since. So far it has been running for 20 hours. Current estimate of time remaining is 27 hours, so about 47 hours to rebuild.

I ran WD analysis on the new drive before adding it and there were no errors. I didn't run it on the other two drives before installing them, but they've been in the NAS for a month and I haven't had any issues, so I'm assuming they are fine.

Here is a screen shot of the Operations / hour for the last four hours. It's constantly going up and down. Is this normal? http://i.imgur.com/qp5erzk.png and is a rebuild of 47 hours normal?
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas 314 rebuild strange behaviour?

The disks have to be synced sector by sector to setup the RAID.
Message 2 of 5
Leela
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
The disks have to be synced sector by sector to setup the RAID.

I guess I was just expecting the operations / second to be consistent rather than going through and up and down cycle every half hour.
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What services do you have running?

Are you copying data onto the NAS?
Message 4 of 5
Leela
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
What services do you have running?

Are you copying data onto the NAS?

I turned off Antivirus hours ago but that didn't make any difference. It was the only active app.

Services that are running are SMB, UPnP, HTTP, HTTPS. iTunes Server was running initially, but I turned that off hours ago and it didn't make any difference.

I'm not copying anything on to the NAS. In fact it's not being used at all other than me logging in to see where the rebuild is up to.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements