× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas NV+ IP changed???

panpanpan
Aspirant

Readynas NV+ IP changed???

My Readynas NV+ was working for about a year now and all of a sudden the IP address changed by itself??? It was originally set to 192.168.1.100 and 2 days ago it was changed to 192.168.8.2 and I am not able access it through network.

Can anyone help me how to get access to the Readynas again? It is connected to a router and my computer is connected with WIFI.

I tried to connect it to my computer directly, the IP changed to 192.168.168.168??? I am not sure what is going on...

Thanks,

Stan
Message 1 of 4
de_niro
Guide

Re: Readynas NV+ IP changed???

Is there another DHCP server in your environment?not sure what reason caused IP address of the NAS changed,because you say your NAS has static IP, so it looks weird.
when you connect the NAS to your PC directly,you will need set IP address of your PC to 192.168.168.* to access the nas(192.168.168.168).
Os reinstall would restore IP address and admin password,you may need have a try this.
Message 2 of 4
panpanpan
Aspirant

How do I reinstall the OS of the NAS? Will it remove all my data in the NAS?

Thanks,

Stan
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Follow the instructions for your NV+ (v1): http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_use_the_boot_menu

No the OS Re-install is different to a factory default. The OS Re-install leaves data intact.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements