× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas RND102 shuting down all the time

Hawk321
Apprentice

Readynas RND102 shuting down all the time

Hi,

since some time my ready nas   started to shot  down without any  warning. It's on and later I want to access it and it's not reachable. Sometimes the led ist still blue , sometimes it's completely  off.  There is nothing in the logs why it's shuting down and also there is now on/off power plan.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Hawk

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas RND102 shuting down all the time

Are you using RAID-1/XRAID?  If so, do the disks resync when you power it back up?

I suggest installing RAIDar on a PC ( https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar ). It does have a NAS diagnostic you can run.  Also, it would be useful to know if RAIDar can discover the NAS when it is unreachable (but with the LED lit).

Message 2 of 4
Hawk321
Apprentice

Iam not using any raid. Just 2 single HDDs for full capacity.

raidar diagnosis shows no errors found in logs.   the only thing its mentioning c: is at 98% capacity.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Hawk321 wrote:

raidar diagnosis shows 0 errors found in logs.   

Have you run the diagnostics? (Just want to confirm).

RAIDar controls.png

If the NAS crashes or loses power, then there won't be any logs of the shutdown itself.  There could be some indications of an unexpected shutdown when the NAS is restarted.  A resync would be one, but obviously doesn't apply in your case.

How often is this happening?

@Hawk321 wrote:

the only thing its mentioning c: is at 98% capacity.

Not a good idea - you really should have at least 15% free space with btrfs.

If you have snapshots enabled, you should manually delete some (starting with the oldest).  Also consider moving some shares to the other volume.  It will take some time for the free space to be reclaimed.

BTW, if you use "Smart" snapshots, I suggest switching to custom.  That lets you set a retention limit - which makes it much easier to keep the total snapshot space under control.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements