× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas has disapeared from my PC

Famros
Follower

Readynas has disapeared from my PC

All of a sudden I cant find my ReadyNAS (documents) from my Windows7-computor. Before ReadyNAS was there just like any other file in the library. I can access the ReadyNas to configure it but not to brows files. And I know VERY little about computors...I do have the IP address but that just leads me into admin view. I would like easy access to files in my browser.

Model: RND4210v2|READYNAS NV+ v2 (2TB: 2 X 1TB)|EOL
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas has disapeared from my PC

@Famros wrote:

I do have the IP address but that just leads me into admin view. I would like easy access to files in my browser.

What happens if you enter \\nas-ip-address into file explorer (using the real NAS IP address of course)?  Be careful on the direction of the two slashes - that matters for this.

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Readynas has disapeared from my PC

Though Win7 supports SMB1, which is what your NAS is limited to, a virus checker may be blocking that since it is considered "insecure" (though really not so much for purely internal home use) and disabled by default in Win10.  If @StephenB's suggestion of using the IP address (which is not usually needed in Win7, but often is in Win10) doesn't work, try temporarilly disabling your virus checker.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements