× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas won't seem to expand

takagari
Aspirant

Readynas won't seem to expand

NV+ V2

I had it setup
2TB
3TB
2TB
3TB

Don't ask me why..
Number one emailed me with a noticed fault. So I purchased a new 3TB. Replaced the first disk.
It took a day and rebuilt. All good
I've now rebooted 4 or 5 times. Preformed the volume scan twice.
It won't seem to add the extra TB.
I've only got 900 Gigs of free space,a nd it seems the box won't even take in more data.

Am I missing something?

Thank You
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Readynas won't seem to expand

Can you email me your logs? (see the link in my signature)
Message 2 of 6
takagari
Aspirant

Done, thank you.
I'm unsure, maybe it's expanding in the background and I can't see it? takes a day or more? It's been a while already 🙂

I plan to swap the paraity drive for a 4TB next. than upgrade them all to 4TB over time.

If that's possible to do?
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The disk in slot 1 is slightly smaller than the other 3TB disks so your volume won't expand further using this disk. A backup and factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) and restore from backup would resolve this as the NAS would use the smallest 3TB disk when determining the size of the partitions for the layer.

When you say the NAS won't take in any more data, you mean writes to the NAS fail?
Message 4 of 6
takagari
Aspirant

They time out. I have 904GB free
And I try to run a backup. it never fails. just simply doenst copy

Could the size be due to a previous format? (installed to pc)
Or is that the HDD's size, due to the brand?

Thanks for the fast answer.
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would suggest backing up your data etc. as I suggested in the post above. Can you backup the data already on the NAS to some place else?

As for seeing what can be done about the disk capacity you would need to hook the disk up to your PC and use the drive vendor's utility (i.e. WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for a Western Digital disk) to check.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements