× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #4,5

dileepkumar
Follower

Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #4,5

dileepkumar_0-1689054101751.png

Message 1 of 3
MikeD1234
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #4,5

Hi @dileepkumar,

This could be caused by a broken RAID array. Or, something that has happened with the file system.

Can you advise, did you have a power outage? Did you update FW recently? Anything noticeable that could have caused it?

If you want I can take a quick look at your logs. If you send them to me.

It might be that you'd require support for getting this resolved though...

Mike

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #4,5

Do you have a backup of the data?  (Guessing not, but if you do, then just do a factory default, reconfigure the NAS, and restore the data).

Using paid support used to be my advice here.   But I don't know of anyone in this forum who has been able to get any ReadyNAS support from Netgear for several months.

It'd be helpful to know what triggered this - often it is a power cut, or a forcible NAS shutdown.  Both can result in cached writes never being written to the disks, so the RAID array ends up out of sync.  If that is the problem, it is possible for forcible assemble the array from ssh or tech support mode. 

I suggest downloading the full log zip file right away, as there should be clues on what is wrong (and they will disappear as old info gets rotated out).

I have given some advice to folks on getting their volume assembled/mounted again.  If you like, you can send me a private message (PM) with a link to your file log zip.  (You can't attach the zip, you need to put in cloud storage, and send me a download link).  Send a PM using the envelope link in the upper right of the forum page.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements